Welcome to Purposeful Social Media class #3. Wow, we’ve come far.
Let’s review last week. How did writing your about page go?
Please email me a link to your blog email@example.com
Today we will cover
- Exploring WordPress CMS functionality
- RSS and bringing content to us
- Twitter with a purpose
- Facebooking without Faceplanting
- Writing for the web. (extra exploration)
1. Exploring WordPress CMS
- tags / categories
- pages and posts
- comments and commenting
2. RSS and Content Curation
Set up a Google RSS reader
How to find blogs and bloggers worth following
Find 5 blogs and subscribe to them.
Set up an account
Complete your profile completely.
- link to your blog or business website (which is better?)
- pre populate your account with awesomeness
- please follow each other. how? #capsocmed
4. Facebook not Face Plant (note: we didn’t cover this in class. We will next class! )
- The three types of users (Profiles, groups and pages)
- Which one is right for you?
- Find a great facebook page, what elements does it have?
- challenges with visibility
- Facebook as a subscription
5. Writing for the web ( home exploration )
- Read: 50 Can’t Fail Blog Topics
- Read: Writing Good Content
- Read: 4 Pillars of Great Blogs
- Read: Magnetic Headlines